Sunday, May 29, 2011

Step 8: Think Up Creative Activities for Those Gloomy Weather Days

I don't know about you dear reader, but I hate rainy, snowy, gloomy weather. I've always considered inclement weather to be nature's personal invitation to brood and worse, it makes my hair frizzy and unmanageable. Alas, we will always have stormy days but with a little bit of creative thinking a true superlady doesn't have to spend her rainy afternoons eating ramen and watching reruns of Law and Order or gazing wistfully out a window like this Sad Sally.

Here is my list of possible rainy day activities:

1) Sneaking into the dorm attic- I have lived in Katherine Thomas Hall for three years and I have yet to see what lies behind the little black door in the janitor's closet ceiling. Is it a feral child? A ghost or two? Rich desserts? Asbestos? All we can really say for sure is that between the hours of 10 and 11PM something walks around up there and one rainy day we (Jamie and I) are going to catch it. Our first step will be to remove the pad lock on the door. We will then ascend the ladder wearing our ghost proof mittens and sweatshirts in case it's cold up there. We will bring flash lights, a butterfly net, and some jars to keep any ghosts or other neat things we find. It will be like this:

2) Papermache- This is a fun and cheap activity that anyone can do. All it requires is some glue, water, newspaper/textbook pages and a little ingenuity. First, put papermache on something; it could be your roommate's pens, makeup bag, or dvd case, it doesn't matter. Be creative! Next wait for it to dry, hang it from the ceiling and hit it with a stick. Bam. Homemade piƱata.

3) Learn to knit- I hate knitting, but I do it every winter for about a week after somehow deluding myself into thinking that after hours of monotonous hand motions I'll be able to create something other than a few inches of itchy fabric. However, it can still be a useful skill. For example, if my car broke down on a freezing stretch of highway I could knit a scarf to conserve heat- providing I had a couple balls of yarn, some chopsticks, and about 6 hours head start.

This is my list, but you can make your own.

XOXO Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment