Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Step 3: Make Lists

When I want to forget my troubles and de-stress, I like to make lists. About anything. Really. For example here's an excerpt of one I found from November of 2008 while cleaning a drawer:

1. Hand towels
 Pros- Exactly the right size for hands
Cons- Sometimes I mistake them for regular towels and am gravely disappointed post shower

Useful information? Debatable, but I can't remember what was bugging me the day I wrote it so it served its purpose. You can make rational lists too. Here is one I made about things I can do during that annoying 3 hour period after class when everyone is busy and I'm not:

1. Sleep
2. Eat Sandwich
3. Take bad-ass pictures of self for personal "Bad-Ass Pictures of Myself" scrapbook
4. Make my mom an English-to-texting dictionary
5. Hide all of The Roommate's white tank tops
6. Stick multicolored Post-It labels all over the things in my room so I don't forget what things are called
7. Ponder the crucial difference between puppets and Muppets
8. Call people I haven't talked to in a long long time
9. Talk to my fish
10. Practice smiling for pictures

That kept me busy for awhile and I didn't even have time to worry about irrational things because that wasn't an activity on the list and one has to follow the list. That is the cardinal rule of list-making. 


xoxo Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment